Dental implants are the treatment of choice for missing or failed teeth. Damaging adjacent teeth for placement of a multi unit bridge is usually not ideal for replacing missing teeth or a standard of care for treatment.
Dental implant surgery is comfortable, with little to no post surgical pain. You do not have to be “put under” for dental implant surgery and a single unit implant placement can take as little as 30 minutes to complete.
Immediate provisional placement aka “leaving with a temporary tooth” is most commonly done and you do not have to have a missing tooth while your implant heals.
- Ask what type of restoration is best for your scenario
- Ask if there is proper bone thickness and space for placing an implant
- Ask what the contraindications are for selecting an Implant for treatment of choice
- Ask how long an implant is to be left with a temporary crown until the permanent one can be placed
- Ask if a titanium or ceramic implant is best for you, as well as the abutment and crown type